August is upon us, and I feel good about how July went down. While I'm not making concrete steps towards the idealized milestone of launching a game, I am having fun polishing things. It is worth noting that the polishing found game-ending bugs, so this has been a worthwhile process. August is go-time, and I need to start telling more and more people about this project. So, with that, I'll enumerate concrete goals for August. Note, this blog post will update with changes.
- Finish migrating all code from private repo.
- Write a better README.md
- README: Photo of Adama
- README: Tighten the introduction and make it clear and cheeky
- README: Some badges?
- README: An Animated GIF
- README: Step by Step setup guide (With Binaries / Building Binaries)
- README: How to use and build a product
- Finish a reasonable first pass of documentation
- DOCS: Each section shows working code
- DOCS: Each section has a fast intro
- DOCS: Each section has a bullet list of details that I hope to explore
- Polish up error messages language
- Write tool to dump all error messages from unit tests
- Integrate with vscode
- VSCODE: Super basic LSP over Socket
- VSCODE: Syntax highlights
- Polish up error messages alignment with document
- Resolve all the erroneous error line numbers 0, 2.5B
- Make Three Demos
- Demo: Chat
- Chat Cast Study
- Demo: Lobby
- Lobby Case Study
- Demo: Hearts Game
- Hearts Case Study
- Release a Binary
Obviously, the best way forward after telling people is to make games with it.
This was made with PowerPoint!?!